You just need to prepare it to get what I mean when I say it’s like a piece of heaven. Really strong, truffle taste…mmm. Recipe from my guru’s page.
Ingredients for the bottom:
- 120 g digestive cookies in a dark chocolate grinded into a powder (so called sand) – I used McVitties in a milk chocolate
- 70 g cut walnuts (did not add them, instead I used all the cookies I had – 200g)
- 40 g melted butter
Mix all the ingredients. Form Ø 21 cm (I had 24, it’s ok too) line with baking paper. Press the mass into the bottom. Bake at 180ºC /10 minutes. Cool it down.
- 500 g mascarpone
- 200 g dark chocolate (or half/half with milk one as I did)
- 150 ml double cream
- 4 eggs
- 130 g sugar
- 2 tbsp Irish Cream or other liquior (I used rum aroma, one little bottle)
- 2 tbsp flour
Carefully heat up the double cream in a pot and put the chocolate in it. Stir it constantly until chocolate melts completely and combine with a cream into a homogenous mass. After that remove the pot from the stove and set it aside.
Mix well mascarpone, eggs, sugar, alcohol and flour. Add warm chocolate and again mix it well.
Final mixture put on the pre-baked bottom. Bake around 50-60 minutes (1 hr 15 minutes in my case) at 175 ºC till the middle will not be shaky (it will rise a lot). Cool it down in the oven (during that time your cake will flatten or sunk in the middle, it’s unavoidable). Refrigerate for 12 hours.
Serve with seasonal fruits.
* In a white version put almonds into a bottom instead of walnuts, use digestive without chocolate and add white chocolate to the cheese mass instead of the dark one. Reduce the sugar amount.